You are encouraged to attend the University Career Fair next Wednesday and Thursday.
JMU alumni who graduated with majors in this discipline are coming back to recruit at the University Career Fair. You should use this as an opportunity to practice introducing and talking about yourself, create a memorable connection with an alum from the same discipline, and find out how this major and their JMU education have benefited them in their career journey.
Spend 30 minutes and talk to 5 organizations at the University Career Fairs
Wednesday, September 28, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Festival Ballroom
and Thursday, September 29, 11 a.m. to 3p.m. in Festival Ballroom
Speaking to the representatives is valuable regardless of class year and major, as it gives you:
· a chance to practice introducing yourself (an important skill to master as you prepare to get in front of your dream organizations whether they are at the fair or not)
· information about career paths
· internship and job leads
When you introduce yourself, be sure to share:
· what you know about your career goal
· something that you are proud of from your background and how this relates to your career idea
· a paper, project or class that meant a lot to you and why
· information about clubs, organizations, or previous jobs or internships when applicable
Here are a list of organizations attending: https://www.jmu.edu/career/careerfairs/universitycareerfair/index.shtml#cwcfemployers